Contributors: Brian Motta, Dan Bikos, Kevin Schrab, Don Hillger, and Tony Mostek.
This presentation will explore the use of the GOES imager data and ways of displaying GOES imagery and products in the AWIPS environment. The suggested default color tables are displayed and explained.
The goal of this training session is to learn to modify/enhance AWIPS satellite imagery for specific applications/features.
Training Session Options
- Web-based training session – a “stand alone” version viewed via a Web browser, with embedded talking points included. http://rammb.cira.colostate.edu/training/visit/training_sessions/goes_enhancement_color_tables_in_awips/web/awips_1.html
- CIMSS Winter Weather Tutorial: Enhancement Tables
- CIMSS Winter Weather Tutorial
- Mesoscale Meteorology and Forecasting, Edited by Peter Ray. AMS 1986. Chapter 31
- Images in Weather Forecasting, By M.J. Bader, G.S. Forbes, J.R. Grant, R.B.E. Lilley and A.J. Waters. Cambridge University Press 1995
- Gurka, J., 1978: The Use of Enhanced Visible Imagery for Predicting the Time of Fog Dissipation. Preprints, Conference on Weather Forecasting and Analysis and Aviation Meteorology, October 16-19, 1978, Silver Spring, MD. Pages 343-346
- J. Dane Clark, U.S. Dept. of Commerce/NOAA/NESDIS GOES Users Guide. Washington D.C. 1983