This module is part of the satellite foundational course for GOES-R (SatFC-G). This particular module covers GOES-R aerosol products. Learning objectives include:
1. Which aerosol products are available in AWIPS.
2. What is the temporal cadence for the Full Disk, CONUS and Meso domains?
3. What is the spatial resolution of the aerosol products?
3. Which spectral bands on GOES-R ABI are used to create aerosol products
4. What forecast problems can aerosol products help with?
NOAA/NWS students – to begin the training, use the web-based video, YouTube video, or audio playback options below (if present for this session). Certificates of completion for NOAA/NWS employees can be obtained by accessing the session via the Commerce Learn Center
Download video (recommended for low-bandwidth users) – This is an audio playback version in the form of an Articulate Presenter video and can be taken at anytime.
Create a directory to download the video file from the following link: http://rammb.cira.colostate.edu/training/visit/training_sessions/goes_r_aerosols/goes_r_aerosols_articulate.zip
After extracting the files into that directory click on either the presentation.html OR index.html file and the video will begin to play in your browser.
This version of the training module debuted in the Fall of 2016 which included Himawari and pre-GOES-R era GOES imagery. Formats include:
There are no prerequisites