This 8 minute training session presents an overview of the Global Precipitation Measurement (GPM) satellite mission
Training Session Options
NOAA/NWS students – to begin the training, use the web-based video, YouTube video, or audio playback options below (if present for this session). Certificates of completion for NOAA/NWS employees can be obtained by accessing the session via the Commerce Learn Center
- Web-based video that can be taken at anytime (streamed, not recommended for low-bandwidth users). Be sure to have your speakers on and the volume loud enough to hear the presentation.
- Powerpoint version
- NASA’s GPM mainpage
- NASA’s precipitation measurement missions
- NASA’s precipitation processing system
- GPM Algorithm Theoretical Basis Document(ATBD)
- Hou, A.Y., R.K. Kakar, S. Neeck, A.A. Azarbarzin, C.D. Kummerow, M. Kojima, R. Oki, K. Nakamura, and T. Iguchi, 2014: The Global Precipitation Measurement Mission. Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc.,95,701-722.